Roles and Responsibilities
- To manage and oversee the day to day rowing affairs of the Club
- To organise and Chair monthly coaching team meetings and report the outcome back to the Club Management and General Committees
- To work with and assist the Club Coaches to ensure a training structure is managed to insure all rowers have access to boats and facilities
- To represent to views and present the needs of Exeter Rowing Club to Exeter Water Sports Association.
- To work with the Vice-Captains and squad coaches to organize squads/crews to ensure all bums on seats.
- To work with the Club Coaches to ensure a training structure is managed to ensure all rowers have access to boats and facilities
- Report progress against development, coaching and training plans to committee meetings & AGM.
- To work with the Club Coaches in the allocation of equipment to crews and ensure all club members are aware of decision. Using notice boards for hard copy.
- Ensure that transport is organized to events such as Regattas and Head races.
- To be, where possible, the Club’s representative at all events attended by the Club.
- To attend WEARA meetings on behalf of the Club.
- Update members with notices of information when necessary.
- Gather members’ opinions and forward these to the committee where appropriate.
- To have a regular presence at the Club and be accessible to Coaches and rowers
- Ensure the club rules and bye-laws are abided by.
- Ensure that any safety concerns, accidents or incidents are captured without delay, managed in accordance with BR guidance and if appropriate, brought to the attention of the Management team or Club Safety Advisor.
- Make the Captain’s speech at the Club’s Annual Dinner.