Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide advice to the club committee and club leadership on all matters relating to safety as appropriate.
- Undertake inspections and audits if requested to do so by the club and provide feedback to the club committee.
- Work with the club committee and the leadership of the club to develop and maintain the club Safety Plan, Safety Rules and Emergency Response Plan.
- Have completed the Advanced Risk Assessment Training.
- Be willing to be a member of the Club Committee.
- Be familiar with the guidance provided in RowSafe.
- Ensure the completion of the annual safety audit for the club.
- Undertake Safety Reviews of the club’s activities and facilities.
- Promote and monitor Incident Reporting within the club and the reporting of all incidents to British Rowing.
- Periodically (perhaps annually) analyse the club’s reported incidents to identify any common issues and trends and initiate action to address any opportunities for improvement.
- Lead or facilitate Incident Investigations as necessary.
- Lead or facilitate the completion and review of the club’s Risk Assessment.
- Use the Risk Assessment to identify required safety rules.
- Attend local and regional safety meetings.
- Work with the Regional Rowing Safety Adviser.
- Work with other water and land users on safety as required