The 2018 Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 27st September 2018 at Exe Water Sports Association Clubroom at 6.30 pm.
Nominations for Directors: Any member shall have the right to make not more than one nomination, with the written consent of the candidate, for election as one of the Company Directors. Such nominations must be sent in writing so as to reach the Honorary Secretary by 20th September 2018. The committee shall also have the right to make nominations for the election of Directors without restriction to the number of nominations. All nominations must have a seconder.
Nominations for Officers: Any Member shall have the right to make nominations, with the written consent of a candidate, for election to any one or more of the Offices of Club Chairman, Club Vice-Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and Club Captain. All nominations are to have a seconder and such nominations shall be sent in writing so as to reach the Honorary Secretary by 20th September 2018. The committee shall also have the right to make nominations for the election of Officers to reach the Honorary Secretary by 20th September 2018.
All other Officer posts and Committee vacancies to be filled by the Club Committee as required. The positions of Welfare Officer and Junior Coordinator will be made by the Board of Directors.
Quorum: The quorum for the AGM is 5 members or 5% of the membership, whichever is the larger. Voting, including proxies, to be in accordance with the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association.
- Receive apologies
- Approve the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on 21st September 2017
- Matters arising from those minutes
- Annual Report including Financial Statements for the year ended 31st March 2018 and the Chairman’s report from September 2017-August 2018.
- Appointment of Auditor/Independent examiner
- Club President Mr Kevin Dentith
- Election of Officers
• Chairman The Directors nomination is Mr Paul Wilson
• Honorary Treasurer The Directors nomination is Mr Stephen Gibson
• Honorary Secretary The Directors nomination is Mrs Susan Brooks
• Captain The Directors nomination is Mr Joseph O’Connor
- Election of Directors
• Mr Paul Wilson continues as Director
• Mr Nigel Willmington continues as Director
• Mr Ray Grigg retiring by rotation but eligible for re-election
• Mr Stephen Gibson continues as Director
• Mrs Susan Brooks continues as Director
• Mr David Parsons retiring by rotation but not seeking re-election
• Mr Ray Grigg is elected to serve on the Board of Directors of Exeter Rowing Club Ltd.
• Mr Kevin Dentith is elected to serve on the Board of Directors of Exeter Rowing Club Ltd.
- Any other competent business – items of any other business to be notified to the Honorary Secretary by 20th September 2018
- Closing remarks